Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Home, Home on the Range


Enjoying the new location for the Keeper of the Plains statue.
Oh, give me a home where the Buffalo roam
Where the Deer and the Cantaloupe play;
Where never is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not cloudy all day.
When I was growing up in Kansas I thought these were the words to our state song. I was perplexed when I was told the proper lyrics were "where the Deer and the Antelope play" because I had eaten a lot of cantaloupe but I'd never seen an antelope.We're nearing the end of a good week in Wichita, Kansas, visiting with friends and spending time at my home church, Eastminster Presbyterian. They have supported us faithfully and generously for over twelve years, so we are full of gratitude as we try to fill them in on what God is doing around us.

No comments: